Software Quality Assurance Engineer (full-time)
Guard the quality of our product.
We've built Publitas to be used by millions of people from all over the world, and we're privileged to say that is a reality today. With 20 million people using our software every month, we believe that one of the reasons for our growth has been our push for excellence. Quality and continuous improvement are two things that both our team as well as our users value a lot. Without rigorous testing and quality assurance, however, it is impossible to uphold these standards, and that's why we need your help.
We are looking for someone to take ownership in guarding the quality of our product. While you don't have to possess foreknowledge like Heimdall, other characteristics such as having an eye for detail, keeping watch for the onset of bugs, seeing the bigger picture and thinking from other people's perspectives are highly appreciated for this position. As a quality assurance engineer you will be working closely with our product team consisting of software developers, product managers and designers to build a product that people love to use.
As a QA Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Checking quality of production releases
- Identifying issues, assessing impact and determining priority to help the product team decide how to address them
- Optimizing test environments to discover errors as efficiently as possible
- Implementing tooling for reporting and monitoring
- Creating test plans and test cases
- Creating automation scripts using (open source) tools
The ideal QA Engineer is great in all of the following:
- SaaS/web application testing
- QA for mobile and/or responsive design (e.g. for iOS, Android, etc.)
- Prioritizing user needs and aligning them with business needs
- Using the Scrum methodology with automated tests as part of the definition of done
- Working with Windows and Mac OS X environments
- Using tracking software (e.g. Pivotal Tracker or Trello), automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium) and test management tools
- English and Dutch (both verbally as well as in writing)
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Experience leading a QA team
What can you expect from us?
- 8% holiday bonus
- 25 paid vacation days
- A contract of indefinite duration
- Option to work remotely
- Free lunch
- Covered travel expenses
- Unlimited budget for the Kindle Store and Apple App Store
- A remarkable company culture
- A great working environment in the center of Amsterdam