Financial Officer (part-time)
Paving the road to success!
Excellence and consistent improvement are part of our DNA as a company. From our experience, we know that the compounding effect of these two produce extraordinary results. Your role will be to help us with our financial processes, and in doing so pave the road to success for all our teams.
We are looking for a committed, accurate and skilled person to join our team here in Amsterdam on a part time basis. Considering the fast growth that we are experiencing, this role might become a full time position in the next 6-12 months.
As a financial officer, you'll be responsible for:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the accounting system
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Prepare income statements
- Prepare balance sheets
- Document new employees
- Establish employee files in the accounting system
- Verify and code timesheets and hours worked
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions
- Enter payroll information into the accounting system
- Prepare, review and file payroll summaries, journals and reports
The ideal person for this role:
- Has a proven bookkeeping track record
- Is accurate and is able to pay attention to detail
- Has a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Has a demonstrable ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures as well as financial records
- Has data entry skills and a knack for numbers
- Has hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Is fluent in English and Dutch
What can you expect from us?
- Good terms of employment
- A remarkable company culture
- A great working environment at a startup in the center of Amsterdam
- We will challenge and support you to get the most out of your potential